Mass-install using raspberry pi images

I am distributing a Raspberry Pi with software (teslarpi.com) and looking to streamline the installation process. Is it possible for clients to use Pi Imager to install an IMG file, that automatically installs remoteit with my authkey, thereby adding the device to my account for management purposes?

I’ve come across GitHub - remoteit/remoteitPi, which is now archived, and it only allows users to claim devices on the local network.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, we do have a methodology for creating a device image for your devices which will have the same services registered. This will have remote.it pre-installed then, when the device gets internet for the first time it will register to your account with those services. Please review our documentation here.
https://link.remote.it/oem/product
Please note that the device will register using it’s host name. If you need to have it register with a custom name, you will need to delay the registration until after the host name is set which would require a slightly different approach. Please respond if that is the case.
Another option, if you have some provisioning scripts that you run on your devices anyway, is to use the one-line install script that you can retrieve from your account and use the product code that was generated in the previous instructions in lieu of the one generated in the UI.

nice! the user will be able to set up his/her own hostname through the pi imager, right?

Correct, but if you duplicate the SD card, it will have the same host name.

Pi imager let’s you setup your own hostname, user, password, wifi networks before writing the image.

I’ve created a product on the legacy portal and added 2 services. Got the bulk code. Not sure how do I create an image?

The Pi Imager only installs an OS image. You would need to make an image with Remote.It installed that has that bulk code written to /etc/remoteit/registration and make sure that there is no /etc/remoteit/config.json
For example, install Raspberry Pi OS onto an SD card. Then you insert it into a Raspberry Pi, install remote.it and any other software you need (i.e. Node-Red, etc). Then add the /etc/remoteit/registration file with your bulk code in it. Remove the /etc/remoteit/config.json before building your image from the card.