Great Windows SMB/Samba Client File Explorer

This works great with the remote desktop to share files via windows networking IE SMB/Samba. Supports any port for windows networking unlike file explorer.

Its in the windows app store for free:
Owlfiles - File Manager

Great program

How did you get it to work with your NAS? I have a windows 10 PC running at my home. I have used the windows desktop version of Owlfiles (pro version in free trial period) to successfully show that PC, its mapped network drives and a NAS on my network. I have confirmed that while in the app I can successfully connect to the NAS and all network drives using my normal admin user name and password.

I have another W10 PC in another location running the Owl Desktop app as well. When I sync connections with my home PC I can see the NAS but when I try to log in using my normal NAS admin password and it doesn’t take it-it just comes back and asks me for the user name and password repeatedly.

The same thing happens when I go in the other direction. On the Home PC I can see the remote PC’s USB drive attached to the remote router, but can not log into it from the home PC. I have confirmed I can log into that drive on the remote PC (where it is directly connected to the router) using the the app. I am not on a domain on either PC.

Secondly, on the remote PC I can not see my home PC and visa versa when I sync connections and I can’t add it as a new connection. It should be there. In other words while I am in either PC I can see and log into all of its resources but can not do so remotely which is what this app is supposed to do. Why don’t the two PC’s show up on each other’s app?

Thirdly when using the iPhone app I can not log into a remote PC (just one on the same network as the iPhone. I get an error “connection failure connection refused” and when I hit the diagnose button, it says, “cannot connect to the port; check service on the server is started and enable port incoming on the firewall”

We fixed the configuration for the NAS smb service to have the IP address of the NAS on the home LAN.
We then reconnected to the service using the original connection information and everything worked on the remote PC to the home NAS.
Now that this is done, you should not change any configurations and just leave remote.it as it is. When using the PC to connect, you cannot use the native File Explorer since Windows cannot support connections to DNS names or alternative ports.

The iPhone should be able to now connect to the NAS using remote.it but the connection will expire and you will need to reconnect and use the new connection url and port each time.

You should be able to use the native Files program to use the connection, but you can also use OwlFiles if desired.