Windows app not working

Hi,

My windows app dosnt seem to be working correctly, if i try to uninstall it it freezes halfway through. Likewise if i try to re install it, it freezes halfway through. I cannot connect to my devices from it although they show but i can if i go through the remote it website?

Sorry you are having issues. Can you get the version of the Desktop installed?
Can you describe what you mean by isn’t working correctly? What is the symptoms besides the re-install issues?

Hi,

When I connect to a working device and try any of my connections they just sit there saying connecting. If I connect through the website instead everything works fine. The version on my laptop is 3.6, as I said it will neither uninstall or re install.

thanks

Dave Sissons

You may be having an issue because you have not upgraded your Windows Application in a long time. We are currently on 3.15.18.
When you uninstall it may not be completing all of the necessary removals.
If you can quit the Remote.It application, then open a command prompt as administrator:

Click the Start button, type “cmd” or “Command Prompt” into the search bar, then right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator.”

Please run the following command

remoteit uninstall

This may take a moment to complete. If there are no errors, then you can delete the remote.it application from your programs.

Then you can get the latest version of remote.it from our website and install it.
https://link.remote.it/getting-started/windows

Hi,

So i tried uninstalling the desktop app from the command line as you suggested but nothing seems to happen and it does not uninstall. I made sure it wasn’t running and even tried turning my antivirus off but still cannot uninstall it?

Any ideas

thanks

Dave Sissons

When you run the command, does it say anything like command not found?
Can you give me the output of the following?

remoteit status

Hi,

When I run either command from command prompt nothing seems to happen at all? I am running the command as admin but nothing?

thanks

Dave Sissons

Sending you a PM. This is very unusual.